27 June 2009

Cyberstalking update: legal proceedings against Eric Kofmehl

My name is Erich Kofmel. That's E-r-i-c-h-K-o-f-m-e-l. I have come into possession of court documents made out by the proper judicial authorities in Switzerland seeking to interrogate one "Eric KOFMEHL" – that's E-r-i-c-K-o-f-m-e-h-l – in connection with fraud accusations that an anonymous cyberstalker (using multiple assumed and stolen identities) has for some time sought to imply me in.

I repeat: The suspect in this alleged fraud case, according to the court (moreover referring to a request received from a foreign law enforcement agency), is "Eric KOFMEHL" – not me. A person which according to the cyberstalker does not exist. I tend to assume that the court, after one-and-a-half years of international investigation, knows better.

From the beginning of this "sordid affair" (as one person put it who found themselves harassed by the criminal perseverance of the stalker), the question remained unanswered if someone had stolen my identity or whether it was merely a case of mistaken identities due to an accidental similarity of names. The person initially accused, in various online fora, of defrauding people was said Eric Kofmehl. Until someone, anonymously, made the entirely unproven and wrongful claim that Eric Kofmehl and I, Erich Kofmel, were the same person.

The ensuing anonymous cyberstalking campaign against me hammered home to police and judicial authorities that they should focus their investigations on me. I am not aware that, until now, they have pursued any other leads, namely the anonymous cyberstalker who directed suspicion on me.

Recent events now clarify the matter. How absurd is it to assume that a court (edged on by another foreign authority) would seek to interrogate "Eric KOFMEHL", and make out judicial documents to that name, if such a person did not exist. I trust that the authorities – after one-and-a-half years – have at least (and at long last) established who exists and who does not.

I understand that law enforcement agencies do not know the whereabouts of Eric Kofmehl. They know however how to reach me. Unlike what has been suggested by the cyberstalker, I am not "on the run". I am not about to divulge my place of residence for the simple reason that I am being stalked. As far as I am aware, I have also not been charged with any crime either in Switzerland or the UK or anywhere else.

I hope that the authorities not just in Switzerland, but in other jurisdictions too, will now stop pursuing me and rather focus their energies on finding Eric Kofmehl. The mix-up of identities must stop here.

Regardless, though, I now hold prime evidence in hands that I will be able to introduce into any possible subsequent legal proceedings. The court documents in my possession prove beyond any doubt that the judiciary and relevant law enforcement agencies in Switzerland and beyond know of the existence of Eric Kofmehl – and that he is distinct from me.

These documents will help to exonerate me of all accusations, whether it ever comes to a trial or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment